Friday, May 28, 2010

Discover Cooking with Lavender at Local Wineries!

On Tuesday I was out in my garden tending to my new pots of herbs and annuals and also doing some maintenance on the older plants. As I brushed against one of the three large lavender plants that have made their home in wine barrel planters, the heady fragrance stayed on my shirt sleeve and reminded me of how lavender and wine can pair together so well.

The goddesses of wine and herbs must have stayed with me throughout the day as I later discovered two local Walla Walla wineries will be featuring Seattle author, foodie, gardner and lavender enthusiast Kathy Gerht this holiday weekend.

Kathy will be introducing her new book, Discover Cooking with Lavender at Isenhower Cellars and Three Rivers Winery this weekend. Kathy will have her books for purchase, as well as be available for signing. She will also bring with her a sampling of recipes taken straight from her cookbook.

Kathy Gehrt’s cookbook “Discover Cooking with Lavender,” will take readers on a culinary adventure, exploring the fragrance and flavor of lavender. It features 75 recipes for seasonings, drinks, savory dishes and sweets. The book is filled with unique recipes, such as Lavender Ginger Lemon Sugar, Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Roasted Lavender, Strawberries with Lavender Yogurt Cream, Honey Ginger Lavender Lemonade, and Roasted Halibut á la Provence. Along with her recipe for Josephine’s Hot Chocolate, Kathy reveals to readers that lavender was the secret ingredient in the nightcap Josephine created to put Napoleon in a “romantic” mood.

You can join Kathy at Isenhower Cellars on Saturday, May 29 at 2:00pm and also at Three Rivers Winery on Sunday, May 30 at 12:00pm - 3:00pm. Just a mention of those recipes alone, I can think of all of the wines from both wineries that would make for perfect pairings with the cookbook's recipes.

I am so looking forward to reading this book on my porch by my lavender while sipping a glass of summer rosé. I just have to know more about how Josephine put Napoleon in a romantic mood!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great post! Thank you, your writing is lovely and I am happy to disovor your blog. Looking forward to spending the weekend in Walla Walla.

Cheers,

Kathy

wild walla walla wine woman said...

Thank you Kathy for stopping by and best wishes to you and your beautiful book. I know you will enjoy Walla Walla!
Cheers,
C~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...