Friday, May 11, 2007

Away - Away Drinking Washington Wines

I like to keep my readers in touch when I am away. If there is a lengthy absence at "The Walla Walla Grape Vine", I don’t want anyone to think that I have given up blogging and never coming back.

For the next five days I will be away from my blog. I hope to be in front of the computer just long enough to check email and nothing else. Two of these days we will be going on another road trip to visit more of Washington wine country. But this time we will be guided by professionals who know Washington wines (I will drop names later - heh). We are trying to get a sense of the appellations and how their different terroirs contributes to the wines of Washington State. Tours to specific vineyards and wineries are on the itinerary. I hope to come back with worthy blogging material to share.

What else am I doing on those days that I am not touring wine country? Goofing off. I’ll probably do some yard work and one afternoon I'll be at a local winery screwing corks and cleaning spit buckets (it keeps me humble, ya know). Maybe one evening at home I will toss some kosher hot dogs on the grill and pair them with a good Merlot ---- ahhh ---- life is good!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Have a great trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...