Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"33 1/3"

That's right. The name of the wine is "33 1/3." And the vintage just happens to be 2003.

This delightful and thoughtfully made wine comes from the estate winery of Morrison Lane in the Walla Walla Valley. The Cotes du Rhone-style red is a blend of 33.3% Counoise, 33.3% Syrah and 33.3% Viognier. I enjoyed it the other night sitting under a big blue sky surrounded by rolling green hills at the country home of Jill and Craig Noble (yes, winemakers like to drink other winemaker's wine).

The nose had a hint of floral and the taste was -- well, it was one of those tastes that -- to be honest? I could have drank the whole bottle! However, the 14.7% alcohol by volume stopped me at 1.5 glasses, while I would have preferred to have 3.3 glasses. The taste was full and lush and well -- I could have poured it over waffles! It was like a mouthful of blueberries! (Note: I am a fan of any Syrah from any winery made with Morrison Lane fruit.)

"33 1/3" is available for purchase and guess for how much? $33.33, of course!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...